Wednesday, October 10, 2012

You Know You Are A Father Of Kids When...

... your wife catches you singing Raffi to yourself.

A few weeks ago Josh and I took a business trip to Detroit.  Ethan and Aiden stayed with Nana and Papa so we could go and get back.  (Thank you Mom and Dad!!!)  But this post isn't necessarily about our trip or a cute story about our boys, it's about Josh aka Daddy.

While in Detroit I realized a huge change in Josh.  I was in the bathroom getting ready for our big day and Josh was in the room getting himself ready when I heard him singing.  For those of you who know Josh, know he always sings so this doesn't come to much of a surprise... but usually you would hear him singing a popular country song or even a little top charts pop.  NOT THIS TIME. Now remember, we didn't have either of the boys with us. Josh was singing the ever so famous Raffi Down By The Bay!!  I couldn't believe my ears and it made me smile from ear to ear.  He must have little boys at home.

This past summer I bought a Raffi CD at a garage sale. I am pretty sure Josh thought I was a little weird since I was so excited to have scored this stellar deal.  Josh wasn't as thrilled as me since he had NO idea who Raffi was.  On our next car ride I put in the CD for Ethan and I started to sing along.  Again, I got some weird looks from the driver's seat... I am sure he was thinking that these songs were the weirdest thing he has ever heard.  They are so catchy I knew in no time he would be singing along. 

AND I WAS RIGHT :)

                                                                    MY BOYS!

No comments:

Post a Comment