Wednesday, November 17, 2010

20 Weeks- Ultrasound, BREAKDOWN & Flutters

I have been really bad at blogging and I don't have any excuse... so I am sorry.

I am already at the 20 week mark and that means and I am half way there.  According to our ultrasound technician I could possibly be closer than half way there.  Yes we had an ultrasound on Monday and that was exciting.  We got to see the heart, kidneys, brainstem, arms, legs, spine, fingers, face and many beautiful profile shots.  Lil Hoot was being quite stubborn though and wouldn't turn around so the Tech had to be a little aggresive with my belly- I am surprised I don't have bruises all over my  belly but it was all worth it.  We didn't find out the sex of the baby (good work Kassi for making it through the appt if I can say so myself).  Well actually even if we wanted to find out baby was not lying in the right position and wouldn't get into the right postition even if we had changed our minds... I guess it is a sign that we will wait and see. 

What do you think I am having? 

We will go to the Doctor on Monday to go over the results but the Technician let us on with subtle hints that baby looked great.  Oh yeah... baby looked so good that our Lil Hoot is 15 ounces!!!  My book says next week Lil Hoot should be around 11 ounces so we are a grow'n and she thought April 1st would not be our due date... we will just have to wait and see.

I had my first big emotional breakdown on Sunday. I have been crabby tons (ask Daddy Hoot and my Mom).  My mom doesn't even have to wait for me to say anything to know that I am crabby... she says it is in how I hold myself... boy is she good!!! 

But Sunday was different.  I have been feeling quite worthless... isn't that IRONIC that I feel worthless and without my body we would not be having this baby but nonetheless I felt worthless around my house.  Daddy Hoot has been doing so much- painting the dresser, setting up a new computer, a new TV, moving the old entertainment center out and the new one in and much much more and there I am watching.  Sunday I decided to get up early and try to start assembling our new computer desk... well I broke many pieces and that was it... I cried all morning long!!  The day didn't seem to get better but Monday was a new day and a new attitude.

On to the best note of all... I can feel the baby!!!!!  I think of it has taking your hand in a tub full of water and moving your hand through the water... that's what our Lil Hoot feels like.  It is so neat and so rewarding that I smile everytime I feel it.  I can't wait for Daddy Hoot to feel the baby too.

Here is one of the pictures from our ultrasound...



Love to you all!
Mama Hoot

No comments:

Post a Comment