Saturday, October 9, 2010

The 1st Trimester Is Over!! Whoot Whoot Horray!!

As of today I am already 15 weeks but I still get asked how my first trimester went.  I didn't think I needed to post about it too much until someone at work told me that Mr. Hoot was telling them my first trimester went great.


Hmmm...


He will pay for that!


First Trimester:
We found out I was pregnant at about 5 weeks.  I had been so tired and not feeling like myself.  I had no energy to do anything!   As the weeks progressed and I was diligently making sure to take my prenatals I found myself sicker and sicker.  I could sleep all day until 2pm when I would get up and get ready for work- go to work and then come home and crash again.  My life was... sleep... work... repeat... all while feeling horribly ill.  I kept my jaw clentched at work (my dentist would be so mad) so that nothing would come out of my mouth.  Fortunately, I never puked- just felt like I was going to 24/7. 


On my first Dr's visit (9 weeks), I asked if by chance my prenatals were the cause of my nausea?  Sure enough the prenatals that were necessary for my baby and me were also the thing making me so ill.  So I changed up my pill taking process and took them right before bed- so I mainly slept through all my sickness.  Since I was taking a bottle of water down with the pills I was up all night going to the bathroom but that beats being nauseas all day long.  So after 9 weeks I was feeling a little better though I was still beyond tired.


During this time I also learned what it was like to be constipated (sorry but I had to talk about it).  Many of my friends (and you know who you are) have had this problem for years but I had been lucky to never experience it until now.  I will say...I am sorry that I rubbed in the fact that I was "regular" all through college :)   Constipation sucks.  Hard stomach, stomach pains, the feeling that you need to go and can't... awful. 


I am very much starting to show now at 15 weeks and hope to get a picture up soon.  We have been working on the nursery and can't wait to show you how that is coming along as well.  I am feeling great into my second trimester (Mr. Hoot- you can tell people that now)- tons of energy, not feeling ill.  I am loving watching my body change and my appetite finally grow!

This week has been beautiful weather... I hope you have been able to get out and enjoy it!!!
Much love to you all!
The Flomacita

No comments:

Post a Comment