Thursday, January 6, 2011

Oh What A Night...

Yes that is a St Francis Hospital band.  So let me explain our long night since it is just about noon today and we are just getting out of bed.

January 5th
9:15pm- Just getting home from Home Depot where we bought the paint for the polka dots in the nursery room!  I was exhausted so I decided to fall asleep on the couch.
10:15pm- Daddy Hoot turns on the TV in the living room so I decide it is time to go take a bath and go to bed.
10:30pm- I get out of bath and my middle back starts to hurt and is wrapping around to the top of my stomach.  I think this must be what indigestion feels like?  I have no clue so I head into bed.
11:30pm- NOT SLEEPING!!  The pain is getting so bad I can't sleep.  Move downstairs to finish watching Oceans13 with Daddy Hoot.
January 6th
12:15am- I am all by myself downstairs moving from the couch to the chair to walking around and pain is getting worse by the second.
12:47am- Go upstairs try to lay down in bed.  Not working!
1:15am-2:29am- Another bath is taken during this time, much movement from bed, to couch, to chair to walking up and down the hallway.  Many not so pretty stretches are performed and I place myself into positions I didn't know I could do just to relieve some pain...  none were helping!!
2:30am- I wake Daddy Hoot up and tell me he needs to bring me to the ER- I tell him I am not in labor but refuse to be this uncomfortable.
2:40-2:50am-  Most uncomfortable ride to the ER I have ever been in- I may change my mind on this in a few months.
2:50am- I walk through the doors of the St Francis Hospital and am immediately asked if I am in labor... "Lady, I hope not I am only 28 weeks and my house is not ready and neither am I."  I promise I said it as nicely as I could.
3:00am- I am rushed upto Labor & Delivery!  By this point I am freaked out because all I have is back pain and I wasn't sure if Daddy Hoot was breathing behind me. 
3:05am-3:40am- I am hooked up to monitors to watch Lil Hoot's heartbeat and see if I have any contractions... Heartbeat was great and NO contractions... oh and Lil Hoot loves to hear its heartbeat becasue it was dancing around the whole time to its own drum.
3:40-4:50am- I am brought back to the ER where I have to give a urine sample (boy those are easy to give when your pregnant!)  I even asked the nurse... how much you want?  Then I was given a Percocet (that was my first and though I felt better I am not sure if I love the feeling of floating).  The Percocet took the pain down to a 1 and I was sent home to sleep. 
5:06am- We arrived home and went straight to bed. I will say Daddy Hoot will not be taking NyQuil around the due date since he fell asleep in the ER room with me.

The Doctor has no idea why I was having such severe backpain but I am feeling much better this morning... I mean afternoon.  I did have a little fall the other day down 3 stairs but had caught myself on the railing and I am thinking I did something to my back then and it was acting up. 

But boy when you go into an ER pregnant I am very impressed how fast they react to make sure your little one is safe.

St Francis Hospital had an amazing staff on last night!  Thanks to the nurses and Doctors that took care of it and made me feel better.

Time for a nap?  Sure why not!

Much love!
Mama Hoot

1 comment:

  1. Mom did not share this one with me! Glad all is well!
    Kort

    ReplyDelete