Monday, January 10, 2011

Saturday January 8th, 2011

Saturday was a very productive day for me and for many other people in my life.  For the first time in weeks I got out of bed early and got myself ready for the day.  I even did a little organizing around my house... okay okay really I think I unloaded the dishwasher.  Oh wait.. I also took down all the Christmas decorations and packed them up (ready for Daddy Hoot to carry downstairs). 

Kerri came over around noon to take some updated photos for me.  So yes I do have some new 28 week photos... those to follow in an upcoming blog.  Thanks Kerri!  I love them.  After we got done with the photos I had just enough time to relax, eat some lunch and head to work.  So Daddy Hoot decided to go with Kerri to Sam's Club... which I thought was a little strange that we were just there a few days ago and he didn't want to hang out with me for an hour before I went to work... oh well. 

okay okay here is a preview of one of the pics....


I went off to work and on my breaks I checked up on Daddy Hoot like I usually do.  "What you doing?"  "Are you cleaning?"  "What about the laundry?"  This time he answered with having some margaritas and thinking about going to the bar!!  Not what I wanted to hear. 

Well little did I know that he didn't go to the bar but my family was over at my house getting the nursery ready for our Lil Hoot to arrive.
Thanks...
Mom
Dad
Kerri
Paul
Josie
Elias
Kati
Butter
Isabel
Kortney
and Daddy Hoot!

I suspected something when I walked in the door since it smelt like someone had been cooking.  Then I walked up the steps and my house was pretty darn clean!!  Not a dish on the counter and not a crumb on the table.  Daddy Hoot took me upstairs to put some things away in the nursery that Kati and Butter had "just dropped" off.  When I opened the door to the nursery the lamp was on and the nursery was all put together! 

Mainly my 56 polka dots were painted!!!!  Something I had been stressing about finding the time and energy to do.  I have an amazing family and I am not sure if they have any clue how much that meant to me.  So here are a few pictures of them in the process. Everyone had their duties so if you don't see them in the picture know they were in my house doing something for me :)


Just the beginning.


Even Isabel helped paint.


Looking good!


Even though he said he would not paint he added his touch.


Oooh can't wait to see the final product!


Dang orange paint was the hardest to paint with.... so I heard!


Glad my back up hair dryer was put to good use.

I am so glad they did it all!

Loving it! 


Who knew at 9 months she would be so talented at painting?

Yeah that smile is because he didn't have to do it all by himself.

The fumes were getting to them.

Almost done!
 So I am sure you are ready for the final pictures ... right?!?!

10.
9..
8...
7....
6.....
5......
4.......
3........
2..........
1...........


I can't say Thank You enough to my family for spending over 5 hours at my house painting 56 polka dots on the wall, making dinner, and cleaning!  Lil Hoot will be truly blessed to meet you all! Love you!!

Mamma Hoot :)

p.s. For those of you that were there please feel free to comment on how you got away with this surprise because I am still in shock that it is done and you pulled it off!

2 comments:

  1. All Josh had to say is "traditionale" and my lips were sealed- around the glass that is ;)

    So happy to do this for you! You need to relax and focus on only yourself and the baby right now. We had a fun time together doing this and I think I can speak for all by saying that we are just as excited as you are to have a little hoot of yours to come very very soon.

    XOXO

    Kerri

    ReplyDelete