Tuesday, January 18, 2011

29 Weeks Doctor's Appointment

We had our 29 week check up yesterday and this appointment was a little different than the others... why? you ask.  Because we had a visitor come with us... who? you ask.  My niece Josie came with us!  We brought Josie along to hear the heartbeat.  She had the day off of school so we thought why not!
 
Here's are some of the facts of the appointment...
1. I gained 4 ounces since the last visit.- Dr is not super concerned but she said I can eat more.  I just don't think I can eat more!!  I eat all day now! I have only gained 5 pounds so far during this whole pregnancy.
2. My stomach is measuring at 32cm (thank you Josie for remembering that number for me). 
           - Did you know that you should measure 1cm for each week you are at. 
           - So I am measuring at 32 weeks (according to the calendar I am 29 weeks) but the Dr said they baby is either big or ahead of schedule or both since 22 weeks.
3. My iron was above average at my very 1st appointment and was very impressed but it has now fallen but not to the point of concern.
4. My gestational diabetes came back PERFECT!!!  No worries there everything is RIGHT ON!
5. Baby's heartbeat was at 140bpm... a little slower than the last few visits.
6. Dr says mom and baby are looking good :)
 
Josie video taped the Dr getting the heartbeat and it was very fun to see Josie's face light up when we explained to her that the funny noise we were hearing was the heartbeat.  She first described it as it sounding like a kid on a trampoline.  The doctor said most people say a choo choo train.  Then Josie decided it sounded like a cookie sheet!  When you take a floppy cookie sheet and move it back and forth... I would have to agree with Josie.  Overall it was a very good visit and Josie seemed pretty excited that she got to be a part of it.  She said she was going to show Elias the video because he would think my stomach was gross... gotta love the innocence of a child!
 
Our next visit will be in 3 weeks and then we start going every 2 weeks... it's getting so close!
 
Here are a few more photos from my 28 week photo shoot!  Thanks again Kerri!!  Oh and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY SISTER KATI TODAY!!!!
 

Much love!
Mama Hoot
 

2 comments:

  1. How exciting for all of you! Glad everything is looking good...Those 2 week check ups are coming so quick...looking forward to getting a chance to read more of your lovely blog about your soon to be hootin and hollerin lil hoot!
    See you Friday! :0)

    ReplyDelete