Friday, February 11, 2011

32 Week Appointment

Monday we had another Doctor’s appointment and we are now down go every 2 weeks!!  The appointment was like all the others where it starts off with weight and blood pressure by our energetic nurse Angie followed by a few minutes of waiting for Dr Jenkins.  Dr Jenkins asks a few questions, answers a few questions and then it is off to measure my belly and listen for the heartbeat. 

This week I gained 6 pounds.  I almost got a high five from Dr Jenkins- she was quite excited… until a little later in the appointment when she pulled up my pant legs and noticed the weight gain was all due to water!  Not so happy for me anymore.  She tells me to keep eating.  If I eat anymore I am going to have to take a pin to pop my stomach but Dr’s orders so I will keep trying.

My belly was measuring at 34cm which is still 2cm above average.  The baby’s heartbeat was at 130bpm.  That was definitely the slowest it has been.  Nothing to worrying about though- seemed as if Lil Hoot was just taking a little nap and was feeling calm.

Dr Jenkins has her fingers crossed for me to go around 38 weeks.  She is not moving my due date and not promising anything she just thinks that is a good time to have the child J  She also let us know that they don’t stop labor after 36 weeks so have my bags packed.  My eyes filled with water at that point… for some reason it became very real for me in that moment… HOLY COW WE ARE GOING TO HAVE A BABY!  Daddy Hoot laughed at me since he said it has been real for him the moment I peed on the stick! 

Next appointment is on Kortney’s birthday…. February 21st.

Much Love,
Mama Hoot

No comments:

Post a Comment