Monday, February 28, 2011

35 Week Ultrasound

9o'clock am we were called into the Diagnostics room at St Francis to get a look at our Lil Hoot and it was just as exciting as it was at 20 weeks!! 

Lil Hoot is head down, rump up and looking like he/she is ready to come out and play.   With one hand by the face (looking for food or something) and the other hand holding its foot and rocking it back and forth I think Lil Hoot is ready to come out and play. The heart was beating at 128bpm which is the slowest it has been but baby seemed to be extremely calm and content today.  I think Lil Hoot is a little camera shy because normally he/she is moving like crazy until the ultrasound equipment comes out. 

Let's see what else did you all want to know... oh yes that's right you wanted to know maybe the weight and even possible due date.  Now just so you know this information is normally suppose to be sent to the Dr and then delivered to us but our Tech is amazing and lets us know exactly what she thinks (love her!!).  So here it is... Lil Hoot is approximately 6 lbs 15 oz !!!  1 oz away from 7 lbs!!!  The "average" baby at this point would be 5 lbs 2 oz so that lead the Technician to tell me that I am wrong on my dates.  She said there is no way this baby is due on April 1st but that with these measurements she would predict a due date of at least 2 weeks sooner.  I guess that puts Lil Hoot due on my Mom's birthday of March 18th!  

We go to the see our doctor next Monday and learn more about what our expectations will be through the rest of the pregnancy.  Monday I will also be checked to see if I am dialated and where we are at in the effacement process.  So for now we will still stick with being 35 weeks.  But know that this baby can come anyday!

Congrats Kelly on being the closest on the guessing game!!

Much love,
Mama Hoot

Here is a picture of Lil Hoot's face from today.  Hard to see since the baby was under my pelvic/hip bone and had a fist to the mouth.  But I can see some chubby cheeks... better lay off the candy bars now and go back to apples.

No comments:

Post a Comment