Thursday, February 24, 2011

38 Weeks... Oh wait we were only 34!

On Monday I had another doctor's appointment and this one was a little more exciting (well I am not sure if exciting is the right word).  See here is how it went...

I gained weight again!  Yippee!!!  Looking at my feet though it just looked like I packed on a few more pounds of water ... or is it?  My blood pressure was good and Lil Hoot's heartrate was back up at 140bpm.  Since I had a sudden onset of water retention the doctor did run a protein test just to rule out preeclampsia which all came back normal. 

So what was so exciting??

Well...  at my last appointment I was measuring at 34cm and this appointment (only 2 weeks later) I am now measuring at 38cm!  As the doctor read the measurement outload I looked over and saw Josh lose all color in his face... I am sure mine looked the same too.  38cm!  WOW! 

The doctor pushed on the baby a little bit and you could tell she was processing the measurement as well.  So, we are scheduled for another ultrasound on Monday.  Our doctor wants and updated due date and a better estimate of how BIG this baby is.  Sounds like this baby might not make it to its April 1st due date.

I called my mom after the appointment and there was no surprise from her since she had 5 VERY healthy babies of her own... I guess not only do I look like my mom but I will follow in her footsteps as well. 

So, let's play a little game... below you can post a comment and lets post how big you think this baby is going to be this coming Monday...  (not when the baby is born but how big you think this baby is now). 

Much Love,
Mama Hoot

11 comments:

  1. 8.6 ~Auntie Korky! Sorry Kassi, just calling it as I see it!
    P.S. If Josh's face went blank giving measurements, you better have me in there as a back up...hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. My guess is on Monday the baby's estimated weight will be...

    7 lbs 13 oz

    Kerri ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am guessing 6 lbs 5 oz......when I had Matthew, the doctor said "wow, he's a good 8 lbs"...turned out he was 9 lbs 4.5 oz !!!!!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll say 5 lbs 9 oz for that lil hoot!

    :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kerri took my guess! So I am going to go with 7lbs 14oz.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here are a few more guesses ...

    Katie Leonard: I predict the babe is an 8 pounder now!!!

    Kelly Hiestand: My guess is 6lbs. 13oz.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 6lbs 10oz is my guess. I expect you to come tell me Monday at school as soon as you are done to confirm my guess.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the baby is 6 lbs 9 oz.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The baby is 7 lbs 3 oz. Yay!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mama Hoot is guessing 7lbs 2oz.

    Daddy Hoot thinks Lil Hoot is 6lbs 12oz.

    Will report tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. 10 lbs 3 oz. How are you expecting to set a record if the baby is only 7 lbs right now?!

    Butter

    ReplyDelete